Friday 29 June 2007

A Message To Fiji From A Tourist

A New Zealand tourist who recently visited our friendly islands wrote the following letter in today’s Fiji Times:-

Dear Fiji

I am a visitor to your homeland.

I will be leaving after having spent almost three months here, my first time in Fiji.

I will return to my children and loved ones in New Zealand. I have stories to tell them about this wonderful nation, particularly about the warmth and kindheartedness of each individual person.

In Fiji, I have come to realise that your kindnesses is being extended to me at a time when you are in fact worried and concerned about your welfare of your loved ones.

This makes me feel even more proud to have met you. I will tell my children about a strong people of many cultures who are hoping for a better world for themselves and their families. These are the grassroots people whom I have met and enjoyed.

Your government said that each individual person has a role to play in bringing about a better future for Fiji. Your role was meant to be to vote, to choose. The Government’s role is to offer you a range choices.

And the military and the police seem distant from the crowded marketplaces and the people right now.

They have to hear the voices of those they serve or discontent will continue to grow, particularly as purse strings tighten.

Hopefully, fresh new leaders, new political parties and new creative policies are being considered. Not the same old “throw them out” coup hack.

Please be tolerant of, honest with, considerate and gentle towards each other as you have been towards me, a simple tourist.

Vinaka vakalevu.

Aroha kia koutou katoa.

Les Davison
Mangere
NZ

HnC thanks Les Davison and her family for visiting Fiji.

The money she earned in NZ and used in Fiji will help keep the many people who rely on the tourism industry, employed during these difficult times.

Source

No comments:

LOYAL FIJIAN -FIJI INDEPENDENT NEWS

Fiji Coup News

Why Fiji is Crying

hyde.n.ceek

Stand up and Speak Out!

Jokes on the Junta

i Taukei

Intelligentsiya

Rerevaka Na Kalou, Ka Doka Na Tui

discombobulated bubu

Good Men (And Women) Doing Something